Sunday, February 6, 2011

First week in February

Week 5: the first week of February. If the weather weren't cloudy we would have sunshine here. I know the sun exists – I saw it on Thursday in Tjøtta. Lots of news this week: my interim status is extended until October. On Thursday I passed my drivers test. The ice has finally melted, but with the mild weather there was more snow on Saturday. So the question is, «will I watch the Super Bowl»? It will be carried live on channel 1 here, without commercials. Unfortunately it starts at 11:15pm and goes until 4 am. So the answer is «kanskje», which means maybe.

On 6 February the sun rose at 8:50 am and set at 4 pm. Length of day is just over 7 hours. Right now daylight is increasing by about 7 minutes a day.  The sun shone on Sandnessjøen for a few minutes today.  It is finally back.

I'm pretty much packed for the trip back to Boston. I should have made it longer. On Saturday the 19th (Feb) I return to Sandnessjøen.

No comments:

Post a Comment