Saturday, June 26, 2010

End of June

This week my free days are Monday (the 21st) and Friday. I’m in another bureaucratic problem but this time with the bank (Spare Bank Nord-Norge). I can’t log into my account because of the change of my Norwegian ID number. They ordered a new credit card for me but it hasn’t arrived yet. But at least my credit card works at the stores. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I had funerals each day (each at a different church). Tuesday evening there was a thank-you party to those who were involved in this past year’s confirmation class. On Wednesday evening there was a Sankt Hans party at church. They served the traditional meal: rømmegrøt. Thursday was a wonderfully sunny and warm day. Unfortunately I had to spend most of the day indoors: midday prayer service, a devotional service, a funeral, and a rehearsal with a trumpeter. But on Thursday evening I rode my bike to one of the Seven Sisters trails (Botnkrone) and hiked up to see fantastic views of the area.

The lilacs are just now beginning to bloom. I’ve notices a few rhododendrons are also beginning to flower.

Friday evening we had a terrific down pour with thunder and lightning. The lightning knocked out many TV’s in the area. People were upset that they couldn’t watch the soccer matches. The lightning also knocked out the wifi that I’m hooked up to. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. In the meantime I’m using someone else’s that isn’t locked.

Saturday I had two weddings: 2pm and 3pm at different churches. I was able to just make the 3 pm wedding (arriving at 2:55). A very good trumpeter played at the 2nd wedding. During the morning I rehearsed with a bass trombonist who will play a piece for the 11 am Sunday service.

No comments:

Post a Comment